Ground Rules by Kate Frey
As Heard on The Daily Gardener Podcast:
It's Time to Grow That Garden Library with Today's Book: Ground Rules by Kate Frey
The subtitle to this book is 100 Easy Lessons for Growing a More Glorious Garden, and it came out in October of last year.
In this photo-filled book, Kate shares her secrets to garden design and hard-won lessons on gardening. Thanks to the gorgeous illustrations and practical tips, Kate’s book is an uplifting and refreshing read.
Best of all, Kate’s tips are shared one page at a time, and they are easy-to-read and understand. This makes Kate the rarest sort of expert gardener and designer in that she understands how to explain things to gardeners.
Kate’s book covers the following sections:
1) Design - paths, seating, color combos...
2) Planting Advice - plants for your zone & weather considerations.
3) Soil - identify the soil you have and then amend it.
4) Water - conserve water, use drip irrigation, plant smart.
5) How To Be a Good Garden Parent - deadhead, divide plants, manage weeds.
6) How To Attract Birds, Bees, and Butterflies - attract insects with plants and provide water.
7) How To Create a Garden of Earthly Delights - how to evoke emotion through design and create community through plants.
SI HORTUM IN HORTORIA PODCASTA IN BIBLIOTEHCA HABES, NIHIL DEERIT.
Leave a Comment