As Heard on The Daily Gardener Podcast:
Trees, Shrubs & Hedges for Your Home by Editors of Creative Homeowner
This book came out in 2010, and the subtitle is Secrets for Selection and Care (Creative Homeowner) Over 1,000 Plant Descriptions and 550 Photos to Help You Design Your Landscape and Enhance Your Outdoor Space.
As we get older, it’s best to transition to more trees, shrubs, and hedges in the garden for less maintenance in the garden.
In this book, you will learn how to:
- Landscape with trees, shrubs, and hedges for four-season interest, color, and beauty.
- Select plants to improve your property's appearance and value
- Create a harmonious design, keeping in mind color, scale, and texture.
- Save money by selecting the best cultivars.
- Improve your soil and success rate while planting and transplanting with confidence
- Prune and care for your plants for extended beauty and life
Trees, shrubs, and hedges are the "bones" of the garden, and designing with them is a skill that can be learned.
This book is a whopping 550 pages, complete with loads of color photos and illustrations of everything you need to know to design a beautiful landscape with Trees, Shrubs & Hedges for Your Home.
You can get a copy of Trees, Shrubs & Hedges for Your Home by Editors of Creative Homeowner and support the show using the Amazon Link in today's Show Notes for around $13.
SI HORTUM IN HORTORIA PODCASTA IN BIBLIOTEHCA HABES, NIHIL DEERIT.