Today’s Unearthed Words are a collection of folklore and sayings about November.
- Thunder in November, a fertile year to come.
- A heavy November snow will last till April.
- Flowers in bloom late in autumn indicate a bad winter.
- If there’s ice in November that will bear a duck, There’ll be nothing after but sludge and muck.
- November take flail; let ships no more sail.
- If trees show buds in November, the winter will last until May.
- There is no better month in the year to cut wood than November.
- Ice in November brings mud in December.